- Brick craftsman style farmhouse built in 1922 with tin roof on 1.2 acres of land
- 3000+ heated square feet, plus a large dry basement
- 4 bedrooms in main house
- 3.5 bathrooms in main house, with a fourth already with plumbing and bathtub installed
- Kitchen with all appliances including a dishwasher and a microwave/convection oven combination
- Separate 700 square feet cottage with bedroom, bath, and kitchen
- Large paved driveway and parking area with stone walls surrounding
- Brick walkways surround the house and cottage
- One car garage/workshop with electricity
- Fenced dog lot with 8’x 8’ dog house/shed with electricity
- Easy walk to Valle Crucis Community Park and historic Mast General Store
The property’s strategic location only 10 minutes from Boone, NC, with its lovely views of the valley and its highly visible location on Valle Crucis' main road, across from the popular Mast Store Annex and Valle Crucis Park, make the property especially useful for a variety of potential commercial purposes or a personal residence.
The property has been used since 1996 as an active art gallery and a charming three-room bed and breakfast inn, with the separate cottage for the owners' residence.
The home’s lower level includes a living room with an antique oak fireplace, a bright and sunny dining room, a charming parlor, a functional kitchen, and a large office space. Two sets of glass French doors separate the living room from the dining room and the parlor. Stairs to the upper level feature a hand rail carved by artist Scott Demming.
The huge central corridor on the upper level is large enough to accommodate seating and dining.
Each of the three upper level guest bedrooms has a private bath. A fourth room, now used as a sitting room, has a large closet that has been preliminarily plumbed and the bathtub installed for another bathroom.
The house also has a large dry basement that provides a great deal of shortage space and easy access to furnace, both hot water heaters, central vacuum unit, pressure tank for well, plumbing lines, and 400 amp electrical box.
The delightful 700-square-foot, one-bedroom owner’s cottage was converted from a c.1920s barn and features hand-hewn exposed beams and timbers. It has a small second kitchen, a full bath, laundry-room, walk-in closet, and a bedroom with vaulted ceilings. Between the Main House and the Cottage, a private deck shelters a large (and inviting!) hot tub. This cottage could be used for visiting family and friends, or rented out on a yearly or nightly basis to produce an excellent income source.
The property also includes a large fenced dog lot with 8’ x 8’ insulated dog house/garden shed with electricity.
Although the successful bed-and-breakfast and art gallery businesses have not been offered as part of this real estate offering, sale of the business(es) might also be considered.
An adjacent 1.03 acres with a 1,100 square-foot home (with an additional 700 unfinished square feet upstairs), built in 2000, and a barn may also be available for $309,900. This home is currently rented for $975 per month. It will not be sold separately from the main property, but if the buyer is interested in both properties, the combined price would be $1,149,800.
If you want to be right in the heart of Historic Valle Crucis, you couldn't find a finer place!